US President Obama’s Unveiled Wish for Women’s Day


Yesterday, the World Women's Day is celebrated in the grand success all over the world. Especially, at White House this function is celebrated at the outstanding perfections. The First Lady Michelle Obama spokes in between the citizens at International Women of Courage Awards held at the Department of State.

First Lady Michelle Obama conveys speech at International Women of Courage Awards ceremony at the State Department in Washington, D.C.

I have that you all will get satisfied by hearing the Women’s Day wish exposed by the United States President Barack Obama as follows:

“Thank you. Thank you so much. Good morning, everyone. To say it is a pleasure to be here with all of you today would be an understatement.  This is truly an important opportunity, it is an uplifting opportunity, and I am happy to be a part of it every single year.

 And I have to start by thanking Secretary Clinton not just for that very kind introduction, but she has been an outstanding -- should I say that again? -- an outstanding Secretary of State. And she has been an inspiration to women and girls around the world. She is a role model for me in so many ways.  I don't think she realizes how what she has done has made what I am doing partially possible. So with all the respect and admiration that I can give to her, I will be wherever she needs me to be, whenever she needs me to be there. 

I also want to join in recognizing our special guest, First Lady Mills, who is a dear friend. We enjoyed our visit to Ghana. And she is going to have a productive stay here in Washington, so she's going to be busy. Just take it easy.  And of course, Secretary Vanda Pignato, who is a dear friend as well.  We are honored to have you with us as well.  I also want to thank them for taking the time to be here today.  It means so much to us all for you to be here.

I have to thank Ambassador Melanne Verveer for her terrific work she is doing -- what she is doing for -- for Global Women’s Issues. This event is top-notch, and it wouldn't happen if not for her. We are so grateful.”

Category: 0 comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment